Artist Alley Pages
At-Con Information for Exhibitors in the Alley at Otakon 2017
Artist Alley Check-In
- Thursday: 3:00pm till 10:00pm (All persons in line at 10:00 will be processed).
- Friday: 8:30am till 5:00pm (All persons in line at 5:00pm will be processed).
- Friday: 5:30pm till 11:00pm (All persons in line at 11:00pm will be processed).
All artists must show a government-issued, photo ID to check in at Artist Alley. If an artist is not able to produce a valid ID at check in, their table(s) will be held until 10:00 AM on Saturday, at which point the table(s) will be considered unclaimed and open for sale on a first-come, first-served basis. Accepted forms of ID include but are not limited to:
- A state driver's license
- State-issued identification card
- A passport
- Military ID.
Other forms of Photo ID may be accepted at the discretion of the Department Head of Artist Alley. The name on the ID must match the name given during table registration.
To exhibit in the Artist Alley at Otakon 2017 you must agree to the rules and terms in writing. Printed copies of these rules will be available for all artists to sign at check-in.
In Washington DC, a person must be at least 18 years old in order to sign a contract. Therefore, any person who is not 18 must have an adult sign the contract on their behalf. The adult who co-signed the contract must be present to check-in for a table, must remain present at the table at all times, and must accept responsibility for any failure of the under-aged artist to comply with all convention policies as well as applicable laws.
Artist Load-In and Load-Out
set up 3:00pm to 9:00pm
9:00am to 1:00pm and 11:00pm to 12:00am
9:00am to 10:00am and 11:00pm to 12:00am
9:00am to 10:00am and 3:00pm to 4:00pm - Please note that all artists must be out of the Alley by 4:00pm.
Load in Information:
- Specific information will be posted at a later date
- During setup all artists and artist assistants must wear their membership badges with Artist Alley flags.
- Any artist entering the Artist Alley before setup hours without previously obtained permission may be evicted from the Artist Alley without refund.
Loading Dock Use:
Specific information will be posted at a later date
Hours of Operation:
- Thursday: set up 5:00pm to 9:00pm – Artists only
- Friday: 9:00am to 1:00pm – Artists only.
1:00pm to 11:00pm – Open to the General Public.
11:00pm to 12:00am – Artists only.
- Saturday: 9:00am to 10:00am – Artists only.
10:00am to 11:00pm – Open to the General Public.
11:00pm to 12:00am – Artists only.
- Sunday: 9:00am to 10:00am – Artists only.
10:00am to 3:00pm – Open to the General Public.
3:00pm to 4:00pm – Artists only.
**Please note that all artists must be out of the Alley by 4:00pm on Sunday.**
Though Otakorp, Inc. and the Artist Alley staff retain the right to make instantaneous changes to the Artist Alley policies, every effort will be made to extend artists the courtesy to make announcements of any changes.
As a reminder the Artist Alley staff will consistently monitor and patrol the Artist Alley for policy and rules violations. Any and all observed and reported violations will be acted upon. A single violation of the convention and Artist Alley rules and policies can potentially result in the artist being removed from the Artist Alley and the convention at the discretion of the Artist Alley staff. If an individual is removed, they forfeit all fees and will receive no refund for their table or membership. Additionally, for the safety of the Artist Alley staff, conversations between yourself and the Artist Alley staff may be recorded.